You can learn a magic at character creation or at a significant milestone. Once learned, you cannot “unlearn” it to gain the refresh back.
- Reduce Refresh by 2.
- Alter or select an aspect that reflects a magical tradition: Aesir, Vanir, Elf, Druid, Wizard, Bard, Runesmith, or other setting-appropriate tradition. (Ice Giant, Fire Giant, or Dwarf are frowned on)
- Choose an approach to use your magic with (typically careful or clever)
- Use the approach to attack, defend, overcome an obstacle, and create an advantage using Magic. (So long as the description of your action uses the narratively appropriate magic.)
- (Optional) Reduce Refresh by 1 for an additional tradition/approach pairing.
- Cost: 2 Refresh
- Aspect: Bard of the Order of Leipnaz
- Approach: Flashy
A bard can use magic to influence another person’s decision-making ability.
A bard cannot typically use magic to overcome obstacles unless the challenge or contest is verbal in nature.
A bard can use magic to directly harm someone’s social standing or emotional well-being.
A bard can use magic to defend their social standing, emotional well-being, or decision-making ability.